We all know the internet is now full of blogs with so many bloggers trying to dominate the blogosphere, expecting luck to smile on them , wishing on becoming successful someday.
According to one source , there are more than 164 million blogs. Most of these blogs get less than 1,000 visitors per month, and the harsh reality is, majority of those blogs are for lack of a better word, failures. What’s unfortunate is, there’s someone who believed pumping out good content will generate the leads and sales they need to run a profitable business. Someone who believed a journalist or Google would notice their hard work and reward them with an endless supply of traffic that converts .
The is question is “WHY? “
And most important , how can you BEAT THE ODDS?
When people tell you blogging is easy, you can simply say they are wrong, In fact, blogging means a lot of work and you need to blog consistently in order to be successful. Many bloggers just stop blogging after a while because they no longer have the time or they are not gaining from the blogs what they expected. It is true that many things can go wrong and that many bloggers fail .
Why Do You Start Blogging ?
As a blogger you need to first understand “why do you start blogging?”
There are many bloggers who get inspired by the online case studies shared by famous bloggers who are earning good money from blogging. It motivates them to take action to start their own blogs. This happens to everyone who first starts researching about blogging. This is a completely wrong way to approach blogging. Attraction to money or thought to becoming famous through blogging is not the right approach, to begin with.
The purpose of blogging is not earning money or becoming famous online. If this urges you to have your own blog then drop the idea immediately.
The blogging industry is for the people who have some expertise in their field. Famous bloggers love to share their expertise with others so that others get the benefit of it.
Blogging is all about educating people about something or sharing information about something that you have experienced personally.
Your blog post should educate the people about the things you do. If the blog is not created for educating people, then your blogging efforts will not generate any return. People will never get engage on your blog because you don’t have any value proposition in your content.
If someone is reading your blog post and at the end not getting any take away from it, then that person might not visit your blog again. That person should have a strong reason to visit your blog again in the future.
You should always work on the things which you think you understand better and love to share your experience with people. Blogging is all about sharing experiences and solving the problem.
Remember Unique content runs the blog, the content should always be fresh and updated.
After launching a blog , the next step is producing enough content to engage people.
Blogging is not a part-time job, it’s a full-time work. You need to have a steady plan to post regular content. Users spend more time on the blog where the content is updated regularly. They love to skim new content. To keep them on track, your blog requires fresh content.
Now the most important part of blogging is the marketing. This is the part where many bloggers lack the expertise. The marketing of blog is essential for getting traction. Your content will stay as it is if no one is reading it. You should make a marketing plan to promote your blog online.
The Facebook wall sharing will give you an initial boost. Sharing your blog post on the Facebook wall will let your friends know that you have something to share. Your friends are the right critics for your blogging efforts. If you manage to get their attention, then they will share your content with their friends who have similar interest. It will create a chain reaction in your friend’s community and your blog will reach the thousands of interested people. If your content has humor in it, then you can use WhatsApp promotion to reach your audience. WhatsApp sharing works best for the funny content.
The Psychology Behind Why Blogs Fail
- Attempting to blog in an already saturated marketplace -The 1,000th blog to cover the same topic is going to have a bigger uphill battle than those who choose something unique. One can always look at a saturated topic from a new angle to stand out.
- Attempting to blog in a market with no audience – No interest means no readers. This can also be applied to blogs that are too broad or too focused for content generation purposes. These blogs are dead on arrival.
- Not marketing the blog at all – Just because one builds it doesn’t mean they’ll come. The content has to be put in front of the real audience. Which means advertising. Yes, that means spending money.
- Not engaging in any blogging best practices – Blogging is now an organized industry with many established best practices for success, yet many people still think they can do whatever they want and somehow thrive.
- Not building themselves up to become an expert in the field – You don’t have to be an expert when you start, but you need to give yourself a path to be considered an expert overtime.
- Thinking blogging is a get-rich-quick scheme as opposed to a long game – Most people simply get bored and give up because they either got in over their heads and/or ignored many of the above points.
How do we overcome the failures
- A blogger needs to identify goals before starting out a blog. It will be easier to work on something if you have a clear picture of where you want to go. Not only will these goals serve as an inspiration and guide, they will also allow you to measure success and give you that feeling of fulfillment. Use it to identify the areas you need to focus on. Establish a time-frame for each goal so you can monitor your progress.
- Passion is a vital element in success. If you do not love being challenged to create great content and find it too burdening to maintain a blog, success is never going to be on the horizon. Your passion is your driving force that will make you want to continue your blog.
- There is no such thing as overnight success in blogging. It will take insane amounts of time and multiple sacrifices. There are those who succeed in a year but it is not easy. It entails many days and nights of perfecting the design and a consistent flow of content.
- With the millions of other blogs competing for attention, an unlimited supply of creative juices is a must. Readers are looking for something fresh and unique. If you follow the norms, the audiences tend to turn their heads away. To achieve success, a blogger needs to identify new techniques and make the blog interesting.
- As a blogger, you should know that traffic plays a pivotal part in making a blog succeed. For you to increase your traffic, you need to study the best SEO practices. Optimizing your blog for search engines will literally take your blog out there.
To run a successful blog is a dream for many.
And it’s no wonder-the benefits can be huge.
You can make money through the traffic you receive and affiliate marketing, fortify your social media presence and enhance your brand awareness- whether that brand is your or your company.
To become a successful blogger, however, requires hard work and determination. You can’t simply start a blog and hope for the best. In order to thrive as a blogger, you’ll have to consistently publish quality content that stands out, solves problems, entertains and attracts an audience that keeps coming back for more.